2018 Fitness and Nutrition Challenge
Get excited Brick Members!!!! With the start of the New Year comes our New Year’s Resolutions. Nutrition and exercise are usually at the top of the list so we came up with a challenge that will jump start your year and get you back on track!
The purpose of any resolution is to create something SUSTAINABLE! Too often do people jump into an exercise or nutrition program that they can’t maintain. We want to change this by creating a simple and effective program that will help you to reach all of your goals throughout the year.
Over the course of 4 weeks, you will have the opportunity to earn points that will keep you in the gym and healthy in the kitchen. Each week there will be certain tasks provided to help motivate you and push you towards your goals. We will kick off the challenge on February 3rd with an info session and fun fitness test so you can track your improvement over the 4 weeks. At the end of the 4 weeks, there will be three winners; most points earned, and best before and after picture!
B|Consistent: For 4 weeks we want you in the gym taking at least 1 class per day for 5 days per week.
- Olympic Weightlifting
- Running Endurance
B|Clean: Eliminate the following items for the duration of the challenge:
- Dairy is not recommended and will be further discussed during the meeting
- Other (to be specified with Coach Sherry or Brock in advance)
*see bottom of doc for explanation!
B|Social: Post 1 thing about your health and fitness journey to social media each day/week for additional points using the challenge’s hashtag. #BRICKFNC
Brick New York (@bricknewyork)
Sherry Ward (@ms.fitsherry)
Brock Brady (@brockbrady)
on Instagram and/or Facebook
- A private Facebook page will be set up for the members of the challenge to communicate with one another! This is an opportunity to meet new friends, get new recipes and find a friend to take class with! Keep each other accountable!!!
THE POINTS SYSTEM
Fitness Points System
- 1 point = 1 class (up to 2 points per day)
- 1 point = Complete Daily Challenge (5 opportunities per week!)
- 5 points = Complete Weekly Challenge (1 opportunity per week)
- 1 point = Social Media Post regarding your workout! (Tag Brick, Brock and use the hashtag #BRICKFNC (Up to 1 point per day)
- ½ Point = 5 minutes of mobility/rolling
- 1 point = Sleep 8+ hours
Nutrition Points System
- 1 point = 1 day logged without any cheats
- 2 bonus point = 5 consecutive days without any cheats from B|Clean
- 3 points = 1 relevant photo posted to social media. Tag Brick, Sherry and use the hashtag #BRICKFNC each week (total of 12 possible points).
- 1 point = sharing 1 recipe with photos of your finished product (no copy/pasting recipes from pinterest and then not following through and making it) to our Private Facebook Group Challenge page. *MAX total points to be collected doing this is 10.
- 1 point = Water intake over 80 oz.
Logging Your Points
An excel sheet will be created to keep you accountable for logging all of your points! By the end of each week, you will need to have all boxes checked next to your name to receive your points. Deadline to put points in is Sunday 8pm each week. At the end of the challenge, the points will be validated, reviewed and tallied to determine the winner!
At the end of the challenge we will be tallying up all the points and judging the before after pictures! Three winners will be announced at the end of the challenge as well as some small prizes throughout!
- Most Points
- Best Male and Female Before and After Picture
Winners will receive a FREE month of UNLIMITED classes at Brick New York as well as lots of other goodies and Prizes!!!!
DATES & FEES
Entry into the challenge is $75. The start date Monday, February 5th and ends Saturday, March 3rd.
Feb 3rd – Info Session & Workout Test
Feb 5th – Last Day to Sign Up/Official Start Date
March 3rd – Final Workout Challenge
March 4th – Official Last Day
March 5th – Winners Announced
Hold yourself and those around you to high standards and make it a goal to complete the challenge honorably. There is no winning or losing if you completed your goals so put that as the forefront and the rest will follow!!!!!!!
No added sugars or sweeteners. Including:
- Sugar Cane
- Corn Syrup
- Coconut Sugar
Xylitol/Erythritol Or Stevia is ok as they do not spike blood sugar levels.
SIGN UP NOW (classes not included): https://brickspt.pike13.com/prepaid_products/465356