Eating healthy does not need to be bland or boring. You can still achieve the same results while mixing things up in the kitchen, literally. When you limit yourself to the same thing day after day it is hard to sustain. That is why giving yourself enjoyable, flavorful options is one key to maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Stuffed Peppers are a good and fast way to spice up your weekly meals without feeling guilty. I hope you all enjoy them as much as I do, Cheers!
• Bell-pepper (1)
• Chicken sausage (1 diced)
• Cauliflower rice stir-fry (1 ½ cup)
• Greek yogurt (2 tbs)
• Lite shredded cheese (¼ cup)
• Avocado (½)
All ingredients can be found at Trader Joe’s
Total cook time approximately 20 minutes.
• Preheat oven to 425f
• Boil water to steam bell-peppers in double broiler
• Clean and cut top of bell-pepper, take out seeds
• Steam bell-peppers until soft in double broiler for 10 minutes
• Cook sausage and combine rice stir-fry
• Dry bell-peppers and stuff with stir-fry and meat
• Add cheese to the top of the bell-pepper
• Cook for 10 minutes until cheese is melted check on them often to not burn the cheese.
• LET COOL AND ADD AVOCADO AND GREEK YOGURT TO TOP OF PEPPER. IF YOU WANT TO SPICE IT UP ADD SOME HOT SAUCE OR SALSA, ENJOY!!
Serving size: 1 Bell Pepper