- Your Name:
Lindsey or Lindz
- Tell us a little bit about yourself, hobbies, occupation, etc…
I’m a single mom of three children, two of which are teenagers (yikes!). I’m also a nurse at a local Kaiser hospital and enjoy helping care for patients and their families. My favorite hobbies currently are traveling, backpacking and the gym. I find solace in exercise as it helps me be a healthier person all around and it makes life a little bit more tolerable.
- I like…
to take naps when my kids let me.
- I dislike…
mean and overly judgmental people.
- I eat or what is your favorite food…
All food is delicious. I enjoy food from all cultural backgrounds, especially Indian and Thai. I have a weakness for French pastries or anything made from bread.
- What goals have you achieved? What are you new ones?
Since joining Brick, I have been consistent about showing up at least three to four times per week. I would say my biggest fitness goal has been consistency.
- What is your favorite movement?
Anything that has to do with rowing.
- What is your least favorite movement?
Pull ups. They are my nemesis but one day soon I will accomplish this feat.
- What is your favorite quote or words to live by?
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. – Winston Churchill
- Do you have any advice to new members or someone thinking about joining or starting their fitness journey?
Just put one foot in front of the other. Take it one day at a time. Just keep showing up. Before you know it, you have achieved your fitness goals.
- What do you love about Brick Northern California?
I must say, I love how clean it is and orange! I love all the trainers and the Brick employees. It’s just a positive experience when I walk in for a class. My favorite aspect of the gym is, I’m not pressured to overly market or asked to sign up for additional costs. There’s no sales pitch. You join and it’s a fitness family. No pressure! Just fun!