- 1 tablespoon chili power
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound baby bell peppers (12 to 15 peppers), halved, stemmed and seeded
- 1 large yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Juice of 1 lime, plus lime wedges, for serving
- Preheat the broiler to high. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Combine the chili powder, 2 tablespoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Put the peppers and onions on the prepared baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil and season with half the chili powder mixture. Broil until softened and starting to char, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken into 1/4 inch thick slices and toss in a large bowl with the remaining chili powder mixture and 1 tablespoon oil.
- After the peppers are softened and starting to char, about 10 minutes, scatter the chicken on top of the peppers and onions and return the baking sheet to the broiler until the chicken is cooked through and starting to brown, about 5 minutes more. Drizzle with the lime juice.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and sides.