- Your Name
- Tell us a little bit about yourself, hobbies, occupation, etc…
I am a father of one, Marissa “ Missy” Torres- 26 years old, I am the fiancé to Lisa McFarlin, soon to wed 09/14/19. Both my parents are still living, Frank and Carol Torres Jr., they have been married for 56 years. My only sibling and older Brother Marc lives in the Sacramento area and works in the same industry as I do, but with a different company. I was born and raised in Sacramento and moved to the bay area about 6 years ago. I manage a construction equipment Rental company, EquipentShare in Newark, Ca. . My hobbies have varied throughout the years, golf, hunting, water and snow skiing and of course Crossfit.
- I like…
to smile and see other people smile.
- I dislike…
trash talk and bad attitudes…and black licorice.
- I eat or what is your favorite food…
Nothing spicy please, but Mexican food, I mean, Italian food, I mean, American food, I mean, well, just food is good!!
- What goals have you achieved? What are your new ones?
I was the first in my family to graduate with a 4 year degree. My current goals are to better my quality of life and find ways to improve my health and well being.
- What is your favorite movement?
Everything but burpees and double-unders
- What is your least favorite movement?
- What is your favorite quote or words to live by?
The Golden Rule
- Do you have any advice to new members or someone thinking about joining or starting their fitness journey?
Check your ego at the door. Be open to suggestions from coaches and don’t judge your performance by anyone else’s performance. We all have our strengths and weaknesses, just do the best you can do at the time; success and progress will come in time.
- What do you love about Brick Northern California?
That I am NOT the oldest member…the coaches, the community and the same feeling I have been able to experience at my previous two CrossFit gyms. It feels like home.