- Your name:
Teri Ann Bengiveno
- Tell us a little bit about yourself, hobbies, occupation, etc…
I’m a US History & Women’s Studies professor by day and a crazy sports fanatic by night. I’ve been part of the same book club for the past 32 years. Love to travel & spend time with my family & friends.
- I like…
to sleep, read, eat, SUP, hike listen to live music…I love animals too & yes, that includes Steve Smith.
- I dislike…
inequality, cruelty, hypocrisy & all the LA teams.
- I eat or what is your favorite food…
oh the list is long: shellfish, all citrus fruit, Italian pastries & cookies.
- What goals have you achieved? What are you new ones?
Honestly, my goal is simple — just to get in the gym as often as possible. I’ve now added Pilates (along with Yoga and B|X) and love it. My new goal is to take more B|FIT classes.
- What is your favorite movement?
The 100 (Pilates); sun salutation & downward dog; KB swings
- What is your least favorite movement?
Squats & lunges
- What is your favorite quote or words to live by?
“Your silence will not protect you.” Audre Lorde
- Do you have any advice to new members or someone thinking about joining or starting their fitness journey?
Don’t let any health problems or pre-existing conditions limit what you think you can do. Let the coaches know and trust me, they will make it doable. I initially joined the gym for the yoga classes and didn’t think I could do B|X or B|FIT due to my auto-immune disease. Thankfully, the coaches said otherwise.
- What do you love about Brick Northern California?
The coaches and staff. I’m grateful for the creative modifications the coaches make for me. This is my first gym experience, and I have to say I love it all. I appreciate the cleanliness of the gym & the showers too.